InCloud Control is hitting the streets this month to better develop our customer understanding. As a product company, we believe we have created a solution to a common problem in the small manufacturing space.
We believe that small manufacturing needs and wants the intelligent data and power provided by Traditional ERP solutions but do not purchase these tools because of these two reasons:
We are seeking the brightest people in the industry to discover what problems they have and how they are solving them. Our initial interview is not intended to sell our system, but to validate or debunk our beliefs of what the market is seeking. We want to find out just how critical the problems are in small manufacturing if they are willing to pay for a product that would provide a solution. Following are some of our beliefs that need validating.
We Believe that…
- A cloud-based and mobile ready solution will be accepted by our customers.
- Price must be affordable for everyone.
- The product must be simple with limited features to quickly gain user adoption.
- The product must be simple with limited features to quickly on board and scale to massive growth.
- That providing cost transparency, production planning, execution progress, and material requirements will deliver immediate value to the customer.
- That all customers are familiar with ERP systems.
- That ERP is too expensive for small companies.
- That even if the ERP was free, the technical resources and time needed to deploy, customize, train, and manage is too complex to make the commitment.
- Company size under 99 employees will buy an affordable and easy to use system.
- Companies will buy a minimum viable product with limited features if newly added features are valuable to the business process.
- Our customers do not sit at a desk for 8 hours-a-day.
- Our customers will want to tasks, alerts, and progress delivered to their smart device.
- Our customers would rather advance production workflow via mobile device over paper.
- The user experience must be simple yet valuable.
- Users will want to see immediate impact on their jobs and the company.
- We believe production planning and scheduling is done manually in most small companies.
- Production costs are calculated through intuition and not intelligent data.
- Production capacity gains are important to our customers.
- Nearly all users will carry a smart phone on them nearly 24 hours a day.
- Maintenance is a small concern but the added automation to the customer will quickly become valuable.
- The app must be deployed and customized in less than an hour.
- Customers have made multiple online purchase in the past.
- Building a company framework during on boarding is preferred over a longer customization time with all detail built into first deployment.
- A customer can follow a series of interview questions that will automate their on boarding process.
- We will need to offer concierge services to on board first wave of customers.
- The president or owner will make the buying decision.
InCloud has created two teams that have cross-referential responsibilities in the early stages of the company. Our product development team and customer development team collaborate on product features and customer interview loopback.
We have created two surveys that address our hypothesis and capture interview participant data. That data feeds into a data repository where additional notes and detail can be aggregated and analyzed.
50 customers have been identified through references from industry leaders, groups, and university staff that has expressed a desire to help InCloud succeed. We will publish our survey results at the end of the cycle to share what this industry demographic reveals.
If you want to participate in our survey contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org